Thursday 25 September 2014

Food: Strawberry, Granola, Greek yoghurt and Honey Breakfast


Breakfast for me is a serious matter. I love it and I shouldn't be restricted to mornings.

Today I experienced a creative morning sparkle and I made this really easy and delicious breakfast.


I had everything in the fridge so it was spontaneous and I think that's the beauty of it.


Ingredients -for two-

4          little-medium size strawberries
300 ml     of greek or natural -creamy- yoghurt
2 tbsp     of honey
100 gr     of granola 


Preparation

1. Find two glasses.
2. Put carefully a layer of yoghurt in the base each glass.
3. Carefully a layer of granola.
4. A bit of honey touching the granola.
5. Repeat, yoghurt, granola and honey.
6. Finally the last layer of yoghurt.
7. Wash and chop the strawberries in three parts.
8. Put the pieces of strawberry nice in top of the yoghurt -do it carefully because it's no way back once the strawberries touch the yoghurt.
9. You can add leaves of mint if you like. 

Serving

1. Find a nice plate.
2. Toast some Pumpernickel or wholegrain bread.
3. Put one glass in each plate with the toasts aside and a bit of honey/jam/sliced avocados on top. VoilĂ !



For the ones in Sydney: I bought the strawberries at Paddy's Market on Sunday when they lower the prices at 4-5pm, the yoghurt is the 1kg Yoplait from Coles, the granola is homebrand Coles Summer Fruit -which has great bits of pineapple and apricot and any regular liquid honey. 

I believe that things like arranging a nice meal, doing your bed everyday o buying flowers once in a while are little gifts that we can give to ourselves and that can positively impact our mental state.

Stay positive and eat your breakfast.